Below we explain specific testing required by this project in order to submit changes, and also how to open a pull request.
Check coding style using tools/checkpatch:
Memory Leak Testing (Valgrid)
Check for memory leads using valgrind.
In order to avoid seeing a lot of glib and gstreamer memory leak false-positives, run valgrind using the following command:
GDEBUG=gc-friendly G_SLICE=always-malloc valgrind --suppressions=valgrind.supp --leak-check=full --track-origins=yes --show-possibly-lost=no --num-callers=20 ./dcm
How to Open a Pull Request
- First fork and clone the project project.
- Create a feature branch off master
git checkout -b mydescriptivebranchname
Always branch off master for new features.
Commit your changes with a descriptive commit message.
- Include context information, what was fixed, and an issue number (Github will link these then conveniently)
Support new camera type - Fixes a typo - Adds specific xml config file Fixes issue #123
Test your changes as described above (we may ask you for test results in your PR).
- Push changes to your repo:
git push origin mydescriptivebranchname
- Send a pull request to merge changes in the branch.